Pullback by China is on the cards. It seems as if Doval has done well to send Beijing Paeking. But the pullback by China has to be seen to be believed. Else it is as if the negotiations never happened. The talks between India’s National Secirity Advisor, Ajit Doval and China’s representative Wang Yi.
Or So We May Think, without knowing sCHINOfrenzia
SCHINOfrenzia is not to be confused with Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder (affecting an individual) wherein the infected person interprets reality abnormally. There is no known cure but treatment helps improve the patient’s life. Patients are NOT dangerous or violent. Often this condition is mistaken for MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) also recently renamed DID (Dissociative Identity Diorder). Patients of schizophrenia need our care, concern and compassion.
SCHINOfrenzia – How it differs from Schizophrenia
SCHINOfrenzia is a serious disorder affecting certain nations and the way they project themselves. Once sCHINOfrenzia envelopes a nation (its leadership essentially) it could exhibit some or all of the following (indicative but not exhaustive) symptoms.
SCHINOfrenzia – Professing One, Practising Another
- Some of the features/ traits of a State under sCHINOfrenzia are
- Frenzied pre-occupation with foes’ faults. But it overlooks its own or those which it considers friends
- Speaks of Universal Peace but actively foments trouble for neighbours either directly or tacitly; this may include actively encouraging terror or supporting it. But it condemns terror in very clear terms (even playing the victim card as needed)
- Routinely raises topic of violence in other countries, especially against the minorities. But this is largely unsubstantiated. It however keeps mum on the questions raised on the harassment/ torture it metes out to its own citizens (including minorities)
- Whether subtly or blatantly, violence is a tool it often uses to convey a message
- Typically has no democracy. The little democracy that is seen is mostly/ merely on paper. All power practically is centered in the hands of the military or the leader who also heads the military.
- Forcibly annexes lands (parts/ whole) of independent states as its own. Also subjugates basic freedom therein, but often accuses other nations of the same horror it routinely carries out.
- Exhibits frequent bouts of megalomania or exaggerated self-importance
- Consistently gives conflicting messages to ensure the recipient is never sure. For example, on day 1 will talk of building good relations. Day 2 – will push its military beyond the border into country ABC. Day 3 – will agree to pull back. Day 4 – will warn country ABC not to feel smug about itself. While this may show its scant respect for the community at large, it also highlights the multiple conflicts within itself. It may end up confusing itself, about what it intends to do.
SCHINOfrenzia – WHO it affects
The very nature of sCHINOfrenzia ensures that irrespective of the number of countries infected, the disease adversely impacts the entire globe. But the impact is obviously directly proportional to the number of countries affected. Currently China seems most affected with its two stooge states, Pakistan and North Korea not disappointing their mentor.
SCHINOfrenzia- Care and Cure
Care & Caution: Those engaging with a sCHINOfrenzic country are advised to show abundant caution in all their dealings/ transactions. The rule of law may not be in force. Unreal to expect a fair and transparent executive/ judicial process. Its own citizens suffer. A third party’s lot cannot be better.
Cure – We hope the ailment will be self-limiting and the nations (leaders) somehow see the futility of their ways. But violent ends, like that of Nazism (Hitler) and Fascism (Mussolini) are possible. Balkanization remains a potential eventuality.
Please Note: This note is not to belittle mental health issues or lampoon the patients suffering therefrom. Cool Chilli & Newstikka have the utmost concern for the increasing incidence of mental health issues including but not limited to Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, DID, etc There are other related challenges like cerebral palsy etc which also need more attention and infrastructure support. This blog is about the increasing threat of/ from sCHINOphrenia that may lead to global violence and possibly a nuclear war. Please find links to agencies working in the space of mental health. scarfindia.org iicpindia.org www.thebanyan.org